We regularly rebuild the hoist, swing and propel transmissions for the CAT 7495 and P&H shovels as well as crowd and trip assemblies. Due to the number and frequency of rebuilds, we've identified consistent failure patterns and are constantly improving our materials & mechanical arrangements.
Our most advanced transmission is the P&H swing. This transmission boasts more than 20 iterative improvements which have greatly extended life and reliability. All shovel gears are designed and manufactured to major international standards including AGMA.
United Gear has complete and upgraded assemblies for specific transmissions in production. While United Gear can provide replacement gearing that exceeds OEM specification, optimal gearbox performance occurs when United Gear performs the rebuild.
Repairable Gearbox Makes & Models
- Propel planetary drives and gearboxes
- Hoist planetary drives and gearboxes
- Swing planetary drives, gearboxes, shafts and pinions
- Crowd gearboxes, shafts, pinions and racks.
CAT 7495 Walkthrough
CAT 7495 Swing Transmission
Our constant failure analysis has led to numerous improvements on the 7495 swing including:
- All case hardened gearing conforming to AGMA recommended case depth
- All gearing manufactured in improved material specified optimally for the application
- Numerous geometry improvements for an improved contact & operational load pattern
- The various other proprietary improvements identify key OEM weaknesses in this transmission.
CAT 7495 Propel
United Gear’s propel rebuilds have been tested in oilsands, coal and hard rock conditions and have met the demands head on by:
- Improved ring gears, housing bore repair process & upgraded gear geometry
- Addressing numerous other weaknesses in material & carrier properties
- Advance manufacturing of propel components to ensure timely turnaround
CAT 7495 Hoist Transmission
This transmission is a complicated and large rebuild. Specialized knowledge and skill is required to competently rebuild this transmission and we've proven we're up to the test. As with the propel and the swing, United Gear has made improvements to gear geometry, materials, housing bore repairs and as well performed the input bearing upgrade and cover modification.
7495 Open Gearing
United Gear continues to lead the way in material and design improvements on open gearing for the 7495. If you have open gearing requirements and you would like an improvement in reliability please get in touch.